Tuesday, April 22, 2014

SONIC MAN FAN ART PART TWO


Now here is a really cool item.  Sharp-eyed Sonic-Fan LedyBetterLedy (again not a real name, just an email handle) sent me this along with a note about the below art from Schmooly Stan.  Seems the ol' Schmoolynator made it using a website.  LedyBetterLedy (hereafter LBL) went to the same website and made one representing the color scheme of the Sonic Man costume present in the famous Charlotte Christmas Parade video (a still from it is in a previous post).  He even said he used the information from our website to make it!  I think this looks VIBROTAN!  Seriously, I had no idea this variant coloring would look so good.  WCCB was employing a design genius who is still completely lost to history.  I also like how Sonic Man is stepping out of a haze of TV static, no doubt similar to the one many Charlotte kids saw him weave in and out of every afternoon after school.  Thanks to digital TV signals, you can't even see static on your TV anymore!  Anyway, big  TIVSERV to LBL!  Keep the emails coming, folks!

1 comment:

  1. THIS is the Sonicman I remember from when I was a kid! Thank you for putting this image up. I only wish someone would turn in a tape of the show so it could be posted.

    ReplyDelete